Hi Victor, I know it's been awhile so I hope the blog is still pinging your email. Took a last pass on the polish notes and got the shot rendered. Let me know what you think and thank you again, I learned so much in class!
p.s., congrats on Inside Out, it's getting great reviews and I can't wait to see it...
Gary
https://vimeo.com/128815532
Hi Gary, this looks great!
ReplyDeleteSeeing it now rendered and large format, there are a couple of areas you could push further. In particular I'm thinking the timing of "not you" could be a little snappier in the expression change and head turn. Try taking a couple frames out between 56-68. The redirect of his pupils to the screen left girl should be stronger, too. At frame 57 push the pupils further to screen left until the head rotation catches up. At frame 128 he seems to be looking just over the screen right girl's head. His eyes feel a bit dead for the last 20 frames. Add some subtle darts and keepalive. Same for his hips in the final pose - they feel locked. Finally, it might be nice to find a photo or more set decoration for the background so it feels more like a restaurant. Feels nondescript right now, and I think you could support the bg noise in the audio track better. Lighting would help with this too, but is not as important. Good stuff!
-v
Thank you so much Victor!
DeleteGary