Sunday, February 22, 2015

Pantomime ideas

Hey all, here are 3 ideas I had for the pantomime shot.

Shot 1 is the same shot that I had for the expression change but accidentally went overboard with what was actually needed for the assignment, and figured I could save it for now. I held onto some poses longer now since I get 7 seconds as opposed to the 3 seconds it originally had.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gcrj0p7hp5w0jg2/pantomime_idea_1_.mov?dl=0

Shot 2 is at first the same as shot 1 but with a different second half and a little bit of a different take.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m34tuwepbtjvorw/pantomime_idea_2_.mov?dl=0

Shot 3 is another idea I had. I'm leaning the least towards this one because the majority of shots I've done lately have been more on the comedic side. Thats why I had two darker shots that I'm thinking of doing, but I'm throwing this in just to see if maybe this is more preferred. The guys poses are still really rough I just wanted to pitch the idea first. The gist of it is about a guy and a girl getting ready to go out and the guy has been ready and is waiting for his girlfriend to finish getting ready. She's taking forever and he's just been waiting at the door.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/skggc75wedh2yk4/pantomime_idea_3_.mov?dl=0

Thanks!

-Rami

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rami, thanks for posting all of these options! My favorites are 2 and 3, but I'll talk about all of them:
    1 - This works much better with the longer time. My main acting issue with the shot is that if he brought the razor blade into the bathroom, he had probably already decided on using it before he got here. It looks like he is getting the idea and making the decision all in this one scene, and the razor blade is conveniently already in his hand. I found it hard to believe.
    2 - I like the knife idea better, because the function of the knife is less specific, and he could have had it with him for other reasons. For example, what if he was angrily scratching or carving words into the wall at the head of the shot, then he gets the idea to use the knife for something else? I like that you leave the shot open-ended as well; you get the suggestion of what might come next, but it's not over-indicated. I could see you suggesting suicide as well, without having him actually put the knife to his wrist. Whichever way you go, this setup seems to have the most possibilities for nuance and subtext.
    3 - This is a fun idea. The challenge will be to direct the audience's attention to where it needs to be, which will be challenging in this two-character staging. The simple solution would be to have her actions be smaller and more repetitive, so that we can focus on his reactions more. I like the idea of the shot being more about him, even though she is in the foreground.

    Any other reactions from the class?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the reply! Between idea 2 and 3 I think I might be leaning towards doing the shot 2 idea. Mainly because I've been wanting to do a darker shot and most of my recent stuff has been on the more comedic side I guess.

      For idea 3 I actually had some dialogue that went with it so I could maybe save that idea for later and keep the pantomime shot for idea 2.

      Delete