A private blog for Victor Navone's "Advanced Animation Critique" class at the Animation Collaborative, winter 2015 session.
Tuesday, July 14, 2015
Sibling shot- in progress
Hey everyone, I hope you're all doing well!
If anyone still gets notified of blog posts I wanted to post some in progress work from the shot I started at the end of class, for some feedback. https://vimeo.com/133430514
Hi Rami, this is looking great! I'm glad you've kept working on it. Overall I think it's working well and it's very entertaining. A few noodly notes: - Big brother's hand flourish as he grabs the remote feels "animationy" and not natural. I would simplify the grab. The motion of his right (top) arm is distracting here, too. Try to keep it more still so we can focus on the grab. - Little brother's voice does an interesting fluctuation on "a-waaAAAAaaayy". See if you can motivate this sound in his body somehow. - I like the adjusting of the glasses but I think he could do it as he's crawling towards the remote, instead of anticipating in the opposite direction. Simplify this beat. - The timing of Big Brother grabbing Little Brother, getting into the belch, and Little Brother's recoil all feel the same. See if you can vary the speed and size of these actions to get more texture. - Big Brother's head feels locked in one axis during his laugh. Try to loosen it up. Keep going! -v
Hi Rami, this is looking great! I'm glad you've kept working on it. Overall I think it's working well and it's very entertaining. A few noodly notes:
ReplyDelete- Big brother's hand flourish as he grabs the remote feels "animationy" and not natural. I would simplify the grab. The motion of his right (top) arm is distracting here, too. Try to keep it more still so we can focus on the grab.
- Little brother's voice does an interesting fluctuation on "a-waaAAAAaaayy". See if you can motivate this sound in his body somehow.
- I like the adjusting of the glasses but I think he could do it as he's crawling towards the remote, instead of anticipating in the opposite direction. Simplify this beat.
- The timing of Big Brother grabbing Little Brother, getting into the belch, and Little Brother's recoil all feel the same. See if you can vary the speed and size of these actions to get more texture.
- Big Brother's head feels locked in one axis during his laugh. Try to loosen it up.
Keep going!
-v
Hey Victor, thank you so much for the notes! I'll definitly get those notes in and then start polishing.
ReplyDeleteThanks again!
-Rami